Welcome to the 2023-2024 Virtual Co-Op!
On behalf of the GHF Board of Directors, I warmly welcome you and your family to our Virtual Co-Op Community!
As I was raising my young gifted/2e learners, forming parent-led co-ops became a primary way for our family – myself as well as my children – to make lasting friendships while also engaging in the collaborative project- and discussion-based learning that is always more fun with peers. Now, we have this opportunity to create a similar collaborative learning community across the world for our gifted/2e families!
The Spring 2024 Co-Op application process is open now until December 8, 2023. We encourage families to sign up as soon as possible, though, so we can start pre-building class spaces! Classes will begin the week of January 22, 2024.
What is a co-op? How does this work? Where do we start?
- For an overview, please first check out our GHF Virtual Co-Op FAQ.
- Then, for more details, please review our GHF Virtual Co-Op Guidelines and Expectations
We’re ready to sign up!
Yay! All new families interested in joining the Co-Op should do the following by no later than December 8, 2023:
- Fully complete and submit a GHF Co-Op Family Application. There is no cost to submit the application. To access the form, you will need to create or sign in to a Google account.
- Become active members of the 2023-2024 GHF Virtual Co-Op Core Membership Plan. The GHF Virtual Co-Op Membership plans are available through our GHF Forum. If you are already a Free GHF Forum Member, click here to jump directly to this same information in our Forum and pay for your membership plan.
- When you click the link below, if you don’t already have a Free Membership to the GHF Forum, you will be prompted to create a Free Membership Account (similar to signing up for Facebook or Instagram). Once you have created that Free Membership Account, you will be able to visit the free parts of the Forum in addition to the GHF Virtual Co-Op Membership page linked above.
- The GHF Virtual Co-Op Membership Plans are as follows:
- Annual membership is $50/year for one adult and one youth participating member
- Additional participating youth may be added for $24.99/year per child
- Additional adult family members may be added for $34.99/year per adult
- Families are requested to purchase their memberships within seven (7) days of approval of their Family Application. (PLEASE NOTE, this is a different membership plan than the “Choices” membership).
- Any adult family member participating in the Co-Op must then complete an online criminal background check, provided directly through backgroundcheck.com. This is paid by GHF with the Co-Op membership fees.
- All families must provide an adult volunteer to either teach, co-teach, lead or co-lead at least one virtual class or social group during every semester that their family participates in the Co-Op.
- Once you have decided if you will be teaching or leading a class or a social group, submit a Class and Social Group Proposal for review and approval. Teachers may elect to teach five- or ten- week classes. Social activities will also run weekly in five or ten week sessions. Families may also offer to host special events. Proposals for the Spring 2024 Semester are considered in order received, with final deadline of December 20, 2023. If you would like to find a co-lead or co-teacher before submitting your proposal, you are welcome to make a post in our co-op space on Mighty Networks or to reach out to one of our moderators.
Once you have enrolled, please check back here and with your emails as more information comes. We’re looking forward to our fabulous semester together!
(GHF Board Member and Director of the Virtual Co-Op)
2023-2024 GHF Virtual Co-Op Core Membership $50: Grants access for one primary adult parent/caregiver and one participating youth (ages 7-17) for the fall 2023 and spring 2024 “school year” until August 1, 2024. Membership also requires: 1) that the participating adult actively volunteer in any semester in which their family participates, and 2) that the participating adult satisfactorily completes a standard criminal background check (included in cost).
2023-2024 GHF Virtual Co-Op Additional Learner Membership $24.99: Virtual Co-Op families with more than one participating youth (ages 5-17) may add additional learners for $24.99 each.
2023-2024 GHF Virtual Co-Op Additional Participating Adult Membership $35.99: Virtual Co-Op families sharing volunteer duties or any interaction (virtual or otherwise) with GHF youth beyond their own learners must add an additional participating adult membership. This participating adult must also satisfactorily complete a standard criminal background check (included in cost).
GHF Mission, Vision & Values
At GHF, we believe that gifted learners deserve the opportunity to take control of their own learning. All Co-Op adults and youth will follow and support the GHF mission, vision, and values:
GHF Mission: “To empower every gifted family to make strategic, proactive, and intentional educational choices.”
GHF Vision: “A diverse world of multi-generational families, educators, and professionals supporting each other through community, education, and creating content relating to gifted home education.”
GHF Values: “GHF values the uniqueness and humanity of each person in our community. We treat each other with love and kindness and particularly abhor bullying and negativity of any kind. We accept that it is our job to examine each day with a fresh perspective and continue to improve the organization to pursue our mission.”
Since you’re here, consider adding a Choices Membership to access all GHF has to offer, while also supporting our work:
Become a GHF Choices Member
Our goal is to reach and serve as many gifted and 2e families as possible, which is why we have a free level of membership, the GHF Forum Membership, that grants access to all of our live programming, the main areas of the Forum, and our comprehensive, self-paced DIY Education course.
For those who are able to support our work, we hope you will join as a GHF Choices Member. Choices Membership is our primary source of income for this non-profit. GHF has no full-time staff and we are just looking to cover our costs. As a thank you, your $49.99/yr tax-deductible membership grants you access to the recording libraries of all of our events, as well as exclusive areas of the Forum.