June 4 – June 6, 2021
Intentional gifted learning starts at home!
Join us as we feature three days of expert speakers celebrating a strategic approach to Gifted Education.
We did it! The GHF 2021 Conference is over and it was a complete success. If you would like access to the recordings, please join GHF as a GHF Choices Member and come right into the membership space in the GHF Forum.
GHF kicked off our inaugural Gifted Home Education Conference! We organized three full days of thematic programming featuring expert speakers and plenty of breakout sessions to let you take full advantage of our thoughtful and engaging community of educators and parents.
After the live event, presentations from the conference will be archived for paid GHF members. Become a paid GHF Choices Member and access valuable conference materials at a later date. We guarantee that you’ll find endless value in a GHF Membership, including supporting the all-volunteer community, and access to GHF Choices, GHF Expert Series, membership discounts, and more.
- Day 1 – DIY Education
- Meeting Children Where They Are – Suki Wessling
- Lunch Table Talk – Assessment and Identification – Dr. Elizabeth Letsch
- Insight into a Bright Mind: The Latest Neuroscience of Giftedness, Twice-Exceptionality, and Living as Liberated Beings – Dr. Nicole Tetreault
- A Family Perspective on Gifted Homeschooling – Kasi Peters & Family
- Where to Start When School isn’t Working – Carol Malueg
- GHF Press — Perspectives on Giftedness: Sound Advice from Parents and Professionals – Celi Trepanier & Ann Grahl
- Evening Event: Clips and Conversation – Meet the Director of the G Word – Marc Smolowitz
- Day 2 – Learning and Lifestyle
- GHF’s DIY Education, Information Download, with Kasi Peters & Carol Malueg
- Lunch Table Talk – Gifted at Home: Scholarships and Opportunities – John Thompson
- Not Home Alone: Supporting Gifted Homeschoolers and Families – Dr. Matt Zakreski
- Combined Session: Is My Kid 2e? & Insights from Misophonia – Austina De Bonte & Dr. Heidi Lack
- Understanding Processing Speed and its Impacts on the Gifted/2e Student – Dr. Michael Postma
- GHF Press: If This is a Gift, Can I Send it Back?: Surviving in the Land of the Gifted and Twice Exceptional – Jen Merrill
- Evening Event: The Science of Strengths – Suzie Pileggi Pawelski, MAPP & James Pawelski, Ph.D
- Day 3 – Tools and Techniques
- Homeschooling Twice-Exceptional Children with Confidence and Joy – Debbie Reber, M.A.
- Lunch Table Talk – Curriculum & Resources – Sarah Mendonça, Ph.D.
- Embracing the Individual Learner – Rosali Lian & Family
- Combined Session: Homeschool Math for Gifted Students & Creating Change Through Stories – David Chandler & Lois Letchford
- Combined Session: School Away From Home & Gifted Homeschoolers and The College Search Process – Heidi Molbak & Brett Kennedy
- GHF Press: Understanding Your Rainforest Mind – Guidance for Gifted Adults – Paula Prober
- Evening Event ~ Fostering the Sacred Self and Deepening Soul: Supporting the Inner Lives of Gifted Children – Michelle Kane & Dan Tischner
Support GHF as a Choices Member
Our goal is to reach and serve as many gifted and 2e families as possible, which is why we have a free level of membership, the GHF Forum Membership, that grants access to all of our live programming, the main areas of the Forum, and our comprehensive, self-paced DIY Education course.
For those who are able to support our work, we hope you will join as a GHF Choices Member. Choices Membership is our primary source of income for this non-profit. GHF has no full-time staff and we are just looking to cover our costs. As a thank you, your $49.99/yr tax-deductible membership grants you access to the recording libraries of all of our events, as well as exclusive areas of the Forum.