Hosanna Patience teaches this class. Hosanna Patience is a writer, teacher, and editor. She is a graduate of The New School’s MFA program. She was a recipient of the AWP Writers’ Conferences & Centers scholarship for an emerging fiction writer, the Pearl Sperling Evans Prize for most promise in fiction, and she was a nominee for the anthology, Best New American Voices. She was the recipient of the award for most outstanding work in the Department of English.
Sample Course Outline
This class has 8 meetings and meets on a weekly basis.
- DAY 1: Short Story Lab: Setting, POV, perspective, character development, and plotting.
- DAY 2: Short Story Lab: Inspiration, overcoming writer’s block, and refining your work.
- DAY 3: Short Story Lab: Editing your stories.
- DAY 4: Poetry Lab: Alliteration, personification, meter, rhyme, and more.
- DAY 5: Poetry Lab: Editing your poems.
- DAY 6: Memoir Lab: Using autobiographical detail with story-writing techniques.
- DAY 7: Memoir Lab: Editing your autobiographical works.
- DAY 8: How to submit and publish.
Creative Writing Labs is offered Summer 2019 and Fall 2019.